- Sale price
- € 165 000
- Pool size
Price: € 165,000. An immaculately maintained and fully renovated stone house dating back to the 16th century. With views over the Dordogne river the property is set in the pretty village of Mauzac within walking distance to amenities including restaurant, grocery store & "depôt du pain" (daily bread delivery), post office, library, and sailing club.
One enters the property through the courtyard facing directly on to the river Dordogne, where there is ample space for a table and chairs - ideal for al fresco dining.
The ground floor comprises two good sized double bedrooms, both with exposed stone walls, a family bathroom with both bath and shower facilities, a laundry room and a large garage.
On the first floor the large open plan living room has views over the river, and stone openings leading to a fully equipped, newly fitted kitchen/dining room.
On the second floor is the master mansarded bedroom and bathroom, again with both bath and shower.
Fully glazed throughout with a good mix of jointed stone walls and plaster work this house offers very comfortable accommodation and is walking distance to amenities, with main shopping just 5 minutes away in Lalinde.
All in all a very pretty stone house with exceptional undisturbed views over the river, in a lovely village setting and with high quality renovation throughout.
- Mains water/drainage
- Town gas
- Gas central heating - Die Dietrich boiler
- Taxe d'Habitation: €615 p.a.
- Taxes Foncière: €1,139 p.a.
- DPE - D/E
- Size of property: 113 m2
- Double glazing throughout
- Roof and insulation replaced in 2005
- Internet connection
- This property has a successful long term rental history but would also be a popular holiday let given the proximity of the river where one may swim.
SIZE OF PROPERTY:
Entrance hall - 3 m²
Corridor - 3 m²
Bedroom - 12 m²
Bedroom - 14 m²
Bathroom - 7 m²
Box room - 6 m²
Laundry/storage room - 8 m²
Garage - 28 m²
Living room - 34 m²
Kitchen - 16 m²
Bedroom - 25 m²
Bathroom - 15.5m2
This property is based in the Dordogne (often referred to by its ancient name "The Périgord"). Although times may have changed over the years the beautiful Dordogne landscape, in one of the most beautiful areas of France, continues to offer something to amaze and delight everyone. This ancient land, deep in the heart of sunny south-west France, is perfect holiday country; a magical place that will reward all those who choose to explore it.
The Périgord Noir, where the vast majority of our properties are located, is the 'Jewel in the Crown' of the Dordogne for here, in the triangle formed between the rivers Vézère and Dordogne, you will find the greatest concentration of natural wonders and historic sites, and the loveliest stretches of both rivers. The area is bounded by four famous towns and this property is well situated within this boundary - Sarlat, a medieval treasure house; Périgueux, a thriving and sophisticated small city; Bergerac, shippers of wine since the Middle ages and Monpazier, an extraordinarily well preserved bastide built by King Edward I in 1285.
- Less then 40 minutes from Bergerac airport, 1.5 hours from Brive airport, 2 hours from Bordeaux airport/TGV station and 2.5 hours from Toulouse airport.
- In the village of Mauzac with brasserie/café, year round grocery store with depôt de pain, post office, library, sailing club, church, Mairie, Primary School and small railway station with several daily return trains to Bordeaux and Bergerac.